This nationally recognized qualification has been designed to provide students with a range of competencies needed to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
The Certificate III Automotive Mechanical Technology provides skills and knowledge to individuals interested in pursuing their career in the light vehicle service industry. The course covers topics such as: repair and maintain cars (light vehicle), automotive repair and servicing in areas such as cooling, cylinder head reconditioning, drive line/transmission, exhaust fitting, steering and suspension, tyre fitting. Students are also provided training in the area of customer service. Students learn to deliver and monitor service to customers, establish relations with customers and organised schedules.
It provides knowledge and the practical skills necessary to gain employment as a light vehicle motor mechanic. The target group for this qualification delivered by Technical Education Australia includes fee paying students who:
- Have no prior experience in automotive mechanical service and repair, or
- Have experience in automotive workshops, carrying out service and repair on light vehicles but without formal qualifications.
- Wish to upgrade their qualifications to Certificate III in Mechanical Technology (Light Vehicle).
Pathways into the qualification
This qualification may be accessed by direct entry. Credit will be granted towards this qualification to those who have completed
- AUR21412 Certificate II in Automotive Cooling System Technology or
- AUR21612 Certificate II in Automotive Driveline System Technology or
- AUR21712 Certificate II in Automotive Exhaust System Technology or
- AUR21512 Certificate II in Automotive Cylinder Head Reconditioning or
- AUR21312 Certificate II in Automotive Braking System Technology or
- AUR20212 Certificate II in Automotive Air Conditioning Technology or
- AUR21212 Certificate II in Automotive Underbody Technology or Other relevant qualifications.
Pathways from the qualification
Further training pathways from this qualification include
- AUR40812 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Overhauling or
- AUR40212 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
Additional qualification advice
This qualification may be attained as a generic qualification, or where a particular occupational outcome is required; it has pathways to further studies to attain specialisation. Specialisations from this qualification may include, but not limited to:
- agricultural mechanical
- heavy vehicle mobile equipment
- heavy vehicle road transport
- light vehicle
International learners must meet Student Visa requirements and provide certified evidence of achievement in English language proficiency as follows:
- International Students from English Speaking Countries i.e. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States need to provide evidence of:
Study in English
You must provide evidence that you have:
- studied in English for at least five years in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States
- within two years of your application date have successfully completed in Australia
- a foundation course
- a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education
- a substantial part of a Certificate IV or higher level qualification, from the Australian Qualifications Framework.
English Language Test
International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Certificate IELTS test score of:
- 0 or above or an equivalent qualification for direct entry into a course; or
- Learners with IELTS score below 5.0 would need to undertake an ELICOS course prior to the main Automotive Cert III course. Learners can study a preliminary English course for up to 30 weeks.
Note: You can take the Academic or General IELTS test to meet English Language requirements for a student visa.
Note: Tests older than two years are not acceptable.
For more information on language requirements such as Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT) Certificate, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic Certificate, Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) Certificate, Occupational English Test (OET) Certificate, TOEFL Paper-Based Test Certificate (TOEFL PBT) see: www.aqf.edu.au
There are no pre requisites to this course.
This qualification covers the skills and knowledge required to perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of light vehicles in the automotive service and repair industry.
The Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology prepares new employees or recognizes and develops existing workers performing mechanical work in the automotive light vehicle service and repair industry. Job roles related to this qualification include: light vehicle mechanical technician.
|Course Title||Course Duration||Tuition Fee|
|AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology||57 weeks||$ Au 11,000|